Blog #7

    The website I chose to write about is for a 3rd grade class, taught by Mr. Bagley. Mr. Bagley is a teacher at Sundale Union Elementary School in Tulare, California. This website has a lot of different tabs and information. The website has a welcome page with more information about the teacher, how to get in contact, and expectations for the semester. They also have more information on assignments and current projects/essays. They have a slide show of pictures of their students, and of their class activities. They provide a list of classroom rules, and a listed-out calendar so that others can remain organized and know what to expect. They have class announcements and reminders, and even links to products to buy for the class as donations. Finally, the teachers provide links to the parent portal, reports for absences/tardies, a printable version of their calendar, their class handbook, a “say something” tab, and a link to pay for lunch. Overall, the website is simple but easy to navigate through and read. The link for the website is: https://www.sundaleschool.com/~brent.bagley@sundale.org/mr-bagley-3rd-grade

    As a teacher, I would like to utilize technology in my classroom in several ways. I really like the idea of having a monthly newsletter and would like to use Word or other editing software to accomplish this. This will allow parents to see what their child’s classroom has been up to and will also help them stay informed on upcoming and past events. Additionally, I also believe giving parents access to a calendar would be really helpful. In the past, I have used google calendar to update my friends on our weekend plans, or to schedule appointments. I believe using google calendar would be a helpful tool to share with my students and their families, so that they may have a quick link to access important dates and events.

    While completing Assignment 2, I really enjoyed using Canvas group. At first, I was a little bit confused on how to work through the different pages and create quick links however, once I got the hang of it, it was pretty straight forward. I enjoyed being able to collaborate with my peers, and thought it was a great way for everyone to put down their work in a shared space. I did not like that to access all the information, you had to include quick links for everything. I thought it would have been easier to have everything together in a more open space however, it was still manageable. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #4

Blog #8

Blog Journal #1